Friday, January 7, 2011

5|365

Day 5 of Project 365 { taking a photo a day}
{ ORIGINAL POST FROM 5-01-2011, blog wouldn't let me upload any pics}

Mine tonight is of my son fast asleep after one of the biggest tantrums he has ever thrown. Amazing how they go from being so worked up and crying uncontrollably to being peacefully asleep. I'm still feeling quiet anxious and sick from his episode before. Every parent goes through it, not all like to complain about it because it's not "good parenting" to whinge about your kids. As they get older I find it harder to control his tantrums. Time out, naughty corner, taking away favourite things just don't seem to have the same effect anymore. I feel overwhelmed and just don't know the right thing to do. For now I'm being consistent with the discipline and hope for the best!
It's hard because my boy is over sensitive and things set him off easily. Example- tonight while I had a friend over we were sitting outside talking whilst Jesse played happily on the swing set, he hurt his foot somehow and cried and made a big scene like it was the end of the world, when in fact it was a small scratch, but anything you said to him just made him cry and talk back more. I asked him to settle down and that his foot was ok and will only hurt for a little while and he disagreed and was carrying on. I sent him inside to calm down and he just went ballistic. About 10 minutes of arguing for him to settle down and go to bed ( I swear the neighbours thought I was murdering him from his crying ) I left the room and he cried even more and finally fell asleep after what felt like forever. 
Maybe I "babied" him too much & I've made him into an over sensitive boy, I dunno, but i know i just have to persevere and do the best job I can to parent both the kids.
Anyways, that's my "whinge" done and dusted for the week.. check back tomorrow for what will hopefully be a nice happy snap of the kids =)

No comments:

Post a Comment